Students interested in pursuing a career in research or teaching should familiarise themselves with the CSIR NET exam format and syllabus. Candidates must select their preferred subject in the curriculum while filling out the online application form, as understanding those selected topics will determine your performance in the exam.
Who sets the CSIR NET syllabus?
The Human Resource Development Group (HRDG) has published the CSIR NET syllabus for all five disciplines on its official website. The exam will contain a set consisting of 120 questions of 200 points. Part A is the same for all courses and will assess the candidate’s general aptitude, while Parts B and C will include questions specific to a subject. Each segment has a variable number of questions. The overall number of questions, applicants must answer, varies with respect to the selected subject.
Candidates can select a subject when the application procedure takes place in online mode. The CSIR NET Exam Pattern 2022 has been issued by the NTA. The entire syllabus, guidelines, books, previous years’ question papers, and online study links are available on BYJU’S Exam Prep.
Instructions for the CSIR NET Exam
The following are the necessary instructions to follow for CSIR NET 2022.
- The official website will provide a list of candidates who have enrolled for the exam. Aspirants are required to keep track of their registration status.
- Depending on the subject, the number of questions to be asked and attempted in each part and section may differ.
- No applicant may exit the examination hall for three hours before or during the exam.
- There will be Hindi and English versions of the question paper. Candidates who select Hindi as their preferred language in the application form will see questions in both English and Hindi. Candidates who select English will only see questions in English.
- Students appearing for the exam must bring their CSIR NET admit card, an original photo identification proof, and two passport-sized photographs.
Subjects of CSIR NET
Mathematical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, and Physical Sciences are the five science streams in which the National Testing Agency administers the CSIR UGC NET examination. The exam consists of two parts: the general aptitude and the optional subject of your choice.
The CSIR NET test pattern also aids in organizing preparation based on the scoring methodology. It is important to have all the necessary information to devote 100% of your attention and effort to exam preparation. The exam authorities do not change the CSIR NET exam syllabus every year.
CSIR NET Exam Pattern
Those applying for the exam should begin studying according to the CSIR NET Pattern 2022. According to the test scheme, the examination is segregated into three parts: Part A, Part B, and Part C.
According to the CSIR NET June 2022 exam pattern, the specifics of these parts are listed below.
- This section is the same for all disciplines.
- Skills assessed in this area are based on your quantitative reasoning and analysis abilities, research aptitude, and general science.
- Only MCQ-type questions will be asked in this section.
- This section covers subject-related traditional MCQs with a lower difficulty level, as per the CSIR NET test format.
- In this section, you will be asked to answer higher-level subject-related questions to put your scientific knowledge to the test.
- The question paper is analytical, requiring you to apply factual or technical knowledge to solve scientific problems.
- You’ll have three hours to complete all three parts of the Paper.
Get complete information about the CSIR NET Exam Pattern on BYJU’S Exam Prep platform. It is essential to have an in-depth knowledge of the exam before beginning its preparation. The online tests on BYJU’S Exam Prep will surely help you better understand the course and help you prepare well.
Stay connected with education blogs & write for us education.