In the early 2000s, when I discussed my desire to sell my paintings on an art platform online, my family gave me a questionable look! My artwork agent laughed at my idea. Fast-forward to 2021, the wave of digitization swept every industry, and the art domain was no exception.
During the pandemic, many art galleries were forced to shut down, resulting in many artists losing their livelihood. However, artists who adopted to online art platform saw their art sales soaring higher than ever.
Let’s take a look at the stats:
- According to Statista, in 2019, the global online art sales were 4.8 billion U.S. dollars. In 2020, however, online artwork sales increased exponentially to nearly 7.9 billion U.S. dollars.
- This rising trend continued in 2021, with online artwork sales amounting to approximately 6.8 billion Euros in the first half of that year.
Now, these numbers pop up one question in your mind- How to sell your painting online or any other artwork?
Arboxy offers an innovative solution to both budding and seasoned artists. It is an online art platform where you can showcase your artwork through its online gallery and in the associated galleries and exhibitions.
But before that, let’s explore the potential of online art platforms for art businesses.
What Are The Challenges Of Conventional Art Galleries?
There were a few reasons why physical art galleries were losing their charm. However, three primary reasons led to the downfall of the physical galleries.
Broker fees, gallery space rental costs, transportation, and shipping significantly narrowed down the profit margin for artists. The high operational fees made it almost impossible for budding artists to survive in the industry.
Demand For Physical Presence
Many renowned galleries required the mandatory physical presence of the artist. They had to travel and actively interact with the potential customers.
With an online art platform, traveling and physical presence has been cut down considerably. Therefore, a single artist can now participate in more than one art exhibition at a given time, thus preventing date/event clash, getting better work exposure, and improved earning potential.
Physical presence wasn’t just expensive but sometimes inconvenient for budding artists. Creative and innovative thinking aren’t the only time-demanding job. Understanding the business, scheduling artwork lines for art shows and exhibitions, and marketing are also various activities associated with artwork business.
Renowned art galleries and art brokers offering international art exposure generally charged a hefty amount. This had become a huge drawback for budding artists entering the industry. Most of the time, these extravagant shows weren’t affordable.
The local art exhibitions and galleries provided only limited local exposure.
Digitization During pandemic Acted As A Catalyst.
The swift digitization during the pandemic increased the popularity of digital exhibitions and online art platform. Artists we’re getting the global attention that everyone craved for a long time, that too at an affordable price point.
How Do Online Art Platforms Work?
- Online platforms offer global reach to your artwork. Online art platforms function as a connection between art enthusiasts and potential art buyers and artists.
- Generally, you’ll need to set up your account, upload high-quality pictures of your artwork, choose the dates, and hit the “enter” button to get your art showcased to a global audience.
- It is recommended that you find a niche to organize your artwork and appeal to the right audience.
- ARTBOXY offers an innovative solution for budding artists. You can sell your painting online without paying any commission fees. How? Keep reading!
5 Tips To Sell Your Paintings Online
Find your niche
This helps you appeal to a certain audience section and attract high-value clients. You’ll get exposure to an audience genuinely interested in your work.
Treat your artwork selling as a business.
Understand the business aspect of your artwork. Various tax, marketing, legal and other parts of marketing.
Diversify your art selling streams
You can improve your art business by diversifying your art business. Build on a hybrid model of online and offline exhibitions through reputed artwork platforms.
Leverage social media
Use social media to promote your work, portray your artwork inspirations, tell behind-the-scenes stories, and send invites for exhibitions and promotional offers. You can even make Youtube videos to showcase your work and share your knowledge.
Understand your worth and get the pricing correct
Research the pricing quoted by your competitors. Consider your raw material, packaging, shipping, and timing cost while quoting your artwork price.
Benefits Of Using An Online Art Platform For Your Artwork Business?
- Adapt to the changing dynamics of the art industry
- As an independent audience, you can reach a broader audience
- Digital exhibitions are much more affordable
- Get complete control of your art shows, events, and exhibitions from the comfort of your home.
- Build promotional and outreach campaigns in your unique style
Sell Artwork With ARTBOXY
ARTBOXY is a unique art platform online that helps give your work the required reach and improve your business.
- As an independent artist, you are first required to create an account on the platform.
- Next, you need to choose your niche from paintings to digital art. You’ve various specialties to choose from.
- Upload high-quality images of your artwork.
- Now you need to choose the date for your exhibition. With a premium subscription, you can select the partner art galleries and prestigious art shows for exhibiting your work. You only need to pay the subscription fee of 1 Euro/day.
- Once your art is displayed, you’ll also receive professional photographs of your display which you can use for your outreach programs.
- No additional commissions are applicable for exhibiting and selling your paintings on the artwork platform. You’ll receive 100% of the sales price.
Suggestion: https://www.ARTBOXY.com/whyARTBOXY They have a nice explanatory video on this page. If we can insert the video, the content can have more value and better engagement.